Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More Pizza, Internships, and other honky tonky business

In this job market, an internship to add to one's resume is almost a necessity. Needless to say, other than working for a year and a half at Sports Authority (which in all honesty is much harder work than any clerical people sitting at a desk and answering phone calls....if you can surf facebook at work...dont even talk about how 'demanding' your job is whether it be a receptionist or whatnot).

So I was talking to my parents about it and since my dad currently works at the Deutsche Bank, he wants me to get an internship over there. The thing is that, I personally do not feel ready. It's almost like a real job and I honest to god do not want that type of responsibility right now. An internship at small firm is what I would like...but we all know parents and their 'high' aspirations for us young ones. We'll see what happens. Right now the kettle isn't boiling just yet, but the flame has been set.

I tried Braconi's pizza with my friend Neil last weekend. Amazing. Don't know how I missed out on all this goodness all these years. Stupid mainstream shit.

Anyone catch the Australian Open this year? The Fed Express marched on as he proved again why, without a shadow of a doubt he is arguably the greatest ever. I was always a big Sampras guy, defending him against those who said he was inferior to Mr. Roger. But after this performance, against a player who was pretty much ON for the entire fortnight...just shows us how much gap there is between him...and the rest of the 6.8 billion people on the planet.

The one thing that got me upset though were the tennis rankings. The analysts were muttering something about if Raj (Roger = Rog = Raj) had lost in the Quarterfinals and Novak Djokovic had won the title, The Joker would have become the new world's #1 player, leapfrogging over Nadal and Federer. I found that hard to comprehend.

Let's review for a moment Federer and Nadal's body of work in the past 7 grand slams.

2008 French - Nadal def Federer in Finals
2008 Wimbledon - Nadal def Federer in Finals
2008 US Open - Federer def Murray in Finals (Nadal lost to Murray in Semi's)
2009 Australian Open - Nadal def Federer in Finals
2009 French Open - Federer def Soderling (who def Nadal in the 4th rd) in Finals
2009 Wimbledon - Federer def Roddick (Nadal skipped the tourney due to injury)
2009 US Open - Del Potro def Federer (Nadal lost in Semi's to Del Potro)

2010 Australian - Novak could have become the world # 1.

Why? Because these days its all about "defending" points. So if Federer gets 1000 points for winning the US Open in 2008, he would have won ZERO for winning it again in 2009, but instead lost 300 for losing in the finals. It doesn't make sense and it is a crock of shit. It forces players to play every tournament over and over again, all year round. For quite a long while last year Dinara Safina was ranked #1. Did anyone really think she was better than the Williams sisters?

Who all watched the Grammy's? I skipped the ProBowl to watch it and was glad. Amazing performances by Eminem and all the singers who performed the Michael Jackson tribute. I'm sure you all know how much he meant to me, but especially my mom. She practically learned English by listening to his songs. After I finished that drawing of him, he passed away two days later. It still is surreal.
Other than that, the acrobatic stunts by Pink were amazing and totally unexpected and the little kid who came up with Rihanna and Jay-Z was hilarious hahaha. And I'm really getting tired of Taylor Swift's "omg this is a dream come true" speeches.

How about the annual WWE Royal Rumble?

No takers Im guessing :P

in case you care Edge won. And yes I am elated =]

No comments:

Post a Comment